We are very pleased to announce that we have recently passed our BRC Food Safety audit with the highest achievable grade – AA. This is fantastic news for us as it confirms that our business operates to an internationally recognised standard for food safety.
The BRC Food Safety Standard is all about the measurement, review and assessment of the factors that influence food safety. It is one of the standards recognised by the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), so it has global recognition. Areas covered within the standard include:
- The importance of management commitment
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) based food safety programmes
- Quality management systems
- Auditing good manufacturing processes – it is not just a paperwork audit
- Auditing areas which often have the highest rate of product recalls and withdrawals, such as labelling and packing
- Developing systems to reduce exposure to food fraud
- Ensuring consistency of the audit process
- Providing a BRC Global Standard that is portable enough to allow Additional Modules to be added to reduce audit burden
- Promoting greater resilience, transparency and traceability in the supply chain
Our site underwent a thorough audit and, with the help of CFS, we were awarded an AA grade for BRC Food Safety. We look forward to continuing this standard and, more importantly, maintaining the highest level of food safety for our customers.